Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sister Mary Martha Says...

Congratulations to the first winner of the Mother's Day Tribute contest! This one is an anonymous submission ... I have posted the tribute here at my new blog for Extraordinary Moms. Enjoy!

Be sure to check out Sister Mary Martha's post today on the Memorare, and her mother's particular devotion to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. I was particularly touched by the woman who wrote to her and asked for a patron saint for children who have suffered abuse (in this case, from her mother).
Sister Mary Martha observes:

My mother has that list, too, but you can add "physically" to it. My mother will help you. Not because she is a saint in heaven. Because her patron saint is Mary the Mother of Jesus. One of our other readers suggested you turn to Mary, as well she put it, "Get out the big guns."My mother's particular "Mary" is Our Lady of Perpetual Help. You're probably familiar with the painting from which this devotion is derived.

When in doubt ... ask Our Lady!