Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Mary Story ... from Terri

This comes to us from Terri at CafeMom.com:

I grew up Catholic but never had any true devotion to Mary. As I look back back, I never really had a relationship with Jesus either.

We went to church on Sundays and I went to CCD classes but that was the extent of my faith life. In 1998, I had a conversion experince (long story) that changed my spiritual life forever. I began a relationship with the Lord I now knew personnaly (before I only knew ABOUT Him). I prayed everyday, "Lord, Help me to know you better."

It is only in hind sight that I can tell you that His answer to that prayer was to introduce me to His mother. As my relationship with her developed, my love for Jesus increased too. I have many Mary stories. None of them seem extremely miraculous but since one of my many prayers is for Holy Indifference, I'm sure I won't see the results of most of my prayers this side of Heaven.

Oh Mary, conceived without sin. Pray for us who have recourse to thee!

No comments: