Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome to Our New Contributers!

One of the best parts of the Catholic New Media Celebration, at least for me, was the journey to and from Atlanta, when Sarah and I got a chance to brainstorm ideas about where we thought God might be leading us to use our writing talents.

Today Sarah posted the first installment of the "Mary Moments" Carnival, and I am so grateful to see how many people contributed to the "sneak peek." I am even more grateful for Sarah herself, who put the whole thing together (and, if memory serves, whose idea it was to put together the Carnival in the first place).

Now I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge a few women who have agreed to become regular contributers to this site, sending in their "virtual flowers" for Mary's bouquet in between Carnivals. They are:

* Elena-Maria Vidal (Tea at Trianon). Elena has written for me over at "Canticle" on a regular basis, and I was thrilled when she agreed to add her history-rich perspective to BYM. This week she has particularly lovely posts about the Mt. Carmel Novena, Mother of Mercy, and (my personal favorite), Star of the Sea.

* Esther Gefroh (Catholic Mom in Hawaii). Her recent post on the Third Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima was lovely. And her "Prayer for the Beatification of Father Patrick Peyton, CSC" has one of my very favorite images of the Madonna and Child.

* Kate Wicker (Momopoly). To those "dear brothers and sisters in Christ" who resorted to name calling after her InsideCatholic article on breastfeeding in Mass, a picture is worth a thousand words.

* Sarah Reinhard (Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering). What can I say about Sarah? Smart. Generous. And an overall good friend who I'd go another three thousand miles with anytime. Well, maybe in a few months... Time to let the bank account recover.

Anyway... I'm so glad you decided to join us here, and I just know the Blessed Mother is, too!