Monday, August 11, 2008

Excerpt from Letters to Mary from a Young Mother

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur kindly agreed to share this excerpt from her novel, Letters to mary from a Young Mother, with y'all.

Dear Mary,

I found out today that I am going to have a baby. We tried for so long, it seems hard to believe that it finally happened. I think that I am in a state of shock. I’m happy, but scared. My whole life is going to change. I’m not living for myself anymore; I’m living for this baby. This baby depends on me. I don’t know how to be a mother. We told our parents and our friends the good news and they are all very happy for us. It feels good to have that support, but I still feel very overwhelmed.

How did you feel when the angel told you that you were going to have a son? You expressed surprise but trusted in God. Did you wonder what Joseph would think? What your mother would say? Who did you tell? Did you lay awake at night wondering what God had in store for your life?

Help me to trust in God the way you trusted in God. Help to have faith that He knows best.

Read the rest in Letters to Mary from a Young Mother, by Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur.