Monday, November 17, 2008

Looking for a Good Book?

Then may I recommend Mary and Me?

Maybe Mary and Me won’t be your cup of tea. Maybe you don’t even really “get” the whole Mary thing...and you’d be in good company. This book is filled with reflections and insights from Catholic women, some of whom weren’t always big fans of Mary. The author herself shares some reflections that had me laughing and grabbing the tissues.

In my world, there’s a huge value to things that make me consider life differently. I don’t always agree with the things that force my different perspective, but I do value them. It’s one of the reasons why I so value my relationships with the friends in my life I can disagree with without the tingling in my scalp that signals anger and frustration.

I found this sort of value in Mary and Me. I also found new insight into the role of the Blessed Mother in my own life.

My full review is over at my blog.